West and Dunn Funeral Home is a locally owned and operated full service funeral establishment.
Mr. and Mrs. H. S. "Sam" West opened the first funeral home, in the Newton Grove area, in 1958. Several years later, he included in the business an ambulance service which was a great benefit to the community.
In 1970, West Funeral Home moved to its present location on 503 Raleigh Street (formerly known as Hwy. 55 W). As the funeral business and ambulance service grew, Mr. West started Grove Mutual Burial Assoc., West Monument Co. and offered insurance services to the community.
In 1972, West Funeral Home expanded into the Benson area, remodeling one of the older homes on West Main Street, and the company continued to offer to the community the same services as the Newton Grove location.
In July 1996, Mr. Sam West and Mr. Norman Dunn became partners in the business which is presently known as West & Dunn Funeral Homes, Inc.
In July 2002, due to the death of Mr. H. S. "Sam" West, Mr. Dunn assumed all daily responsibilities of the company, as he was elected vice-president and served until July 2011. At that time he purchased all shares of stock from the West family and became the full owner of the company.