West and Dunn Funeral Home is a locally owned and operated full service funeral establishment.
Mr. and Mrs. H. S. "Sam" West opened the first funeral home, in the Newton Grove area, in 1958. Several years later, he included in the business an ambulance service which was a great benefit to the community.
In 1970, West Funeral Home moved to its present location on 503 Raleigh Street (formerly known as Hwy. 55 W). As the funeral business and ambulance service grew, Mr. West started Grove Mutual Burial Assoc., West Monument Co. and offered insurance services to the community
In 1972, West Funeral Home expanded into the Benson area, remodeling one of the older homes on West Main Street, and the company continued to offer to the community the same services as the Newton Grove location.
In July 1996, Mr. Sam West and Mr. Norman Dunn became partners in the business which is presently known as West & Dunn Funeral Homes, Inc.
On July 3, 2002, after a brief illness, Mr. Sam West passed away. Mrs. West and Mr. Dunn continued the business with the same care and compassion that had been a trademark of the funeral homes.
In 2011, Mr. Dunn purchased the remaining shares of stock and business from the West Family.
In 2014, Mr. Dunn acquired Price Funeral Home of Erwin from Mr. Kenneth "Kenny" Price. After upgrades and improvements it has become the third location of West and Dunn Funeral Homes, Inc.